Packaging- Case and Carton Sealing
Difficult and Non-Porous Substrates
Applied as a Molten Film or Bead and Converted to a Solid When the Molten Material Gels/Cools
Solvent-free and made from 100% non-volatile thermoplastic materials, hot melt adhesives are solid at room temperature, melted to application and applied in the molten state.
All of our hot melt adhesives are formulated to provide desired adhesion, fast speed of set, open time/bonding range, and heat and/or cold resistance properties; these adhesives are also water resistant, excellent glue line control and do not require special storage conditions.
Hot melt adhesives are available in micro-chips, chips, pressure sensitive and pellet forms.
- Mileage Melt™
- Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate (EVA)
- Case and carton sealing
- Book and magazine binding
- Bottle manufacturing
- Product assembly applications
Hot Melt – Polyolefin/Metalocene
Metalocene-based Olefin Chemistry for a Wide Range of Packaging Applications
Metalocene-based hot melt adhesives provide unsurpassed bonding, great mileage and broad service temperature ranges, in addition to being an exceptional value and always readily available.
Metalocene-based hot melt adhesives reduce adhesive usage by 20%-50%, when compared to other hot melt technologies, and consistently maintain strong bonds.*
*all applications require auditing.
Metalocene-Based Hot Melt Adhesives Provide:
- increased mileage with up to 35% savings
- superior adhesion to paper, paperboard and printed surfaces
- no change in viscosity at operating temperature
- elimination of char in tank, hoses, modules and nozzles, which wears out your hot melt equipment
- reduced scheduled maintenance by up to 25–35%, unscheduled maintenance up to 80–90% and replacement part spending by up to 80% or more.
- no stringing, no spider webbing, excellent runnability and eliminates
- downtime – glue tips won’t string or plug, so lines keep running
- improved thermal stability
- wide service temperature range from – 40° to +165°
- low odor allows for safe, user-friendly usage
- lower cost / unit
- High Performance General Purpose
- General Purpose Short Open Time
- High Performance for Difficult to Adhere Substrates
- Low Temperature
- Long Open Time
- Specialty Grade
- New Development
Hot Melt– Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate (EVA)
EVA-based Chemistry for Case, Tray and Carton Sealing Applications
EVA-based hot melt adhesives are high-quality general purpose adhesives that provides optimum adhesive performance at a reduced cost.
Specially engineered to ensure great mileage, improved runnability and multi-purpose adhesion to paper and paperboard surfaces, the EVA line of adhesives provide an effective and economical solution for case, carton and tray sealing packaging and paper converting applications.
With a unique component blend, EVA-based hot melts provide an environmentally-friendly adhesive that features optimum running viscosity at operating temperatures. Reducing application weights and realizing savings on equipment maintenance results in reduced overall usage, making EVA-based hot-melts cost-effective.
EVA-based Hot Melts Provide:
- increased mileage with reduced application weights and less waste produced
- top quality thermal and pot stability
- wide service temperature range
- excellent adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces
- reduced overall usage and costs 35% compared to competitive products
- easy dispensing into hot melt equipment
- low maintenance costs
- gels and charring elimination
- reduced downtime
- low odor and amber-color for visible, safe and user-friendly usage
- General Purpose Standard Temperature
- Low Temperature
- Long Open Time
- Specialty Grade
Hot Melt - High-Polymer
High-Polymer Olefin-based Hot Melt Adhesive for Case and Carton Sealing
High-Polymer Olefin-based Hot Melt Technology Provides:
- incomparable performance versus existing olefin and EVA hot melts
- outstanding value
- exceptional packaging cost savings- typical reductions are 30% less than existing olefin and 40% than EVA technologies.
- lower density and higher mileage - uses less adhesive to create strong bonds.
- uncompromising hot tack that quickly bonds to a wide range of substrates including coated and difficult-to-seal card stock, corrugated fiberboard and paperboard.
- wide range of service temperatures and resistant to high heats, which means there is no need for multiple temperature-specific adhesive products.
- excellent pot stability, fast setting, and fragrance and oil resistant
- off-white(SWB535) and light amber (SWB482) chips choices.
Hot Melt – Polyethyelene
Polyethylene-based Hot Melt Adhesive for Case and Carton Sealing and Multi-Wall Bag Applications
Polyethylene-based hot melt adhesives are very high performance adhesives formulated to work with “hard to bond” materials. Our polyethylene-based hot melt adhesives are available in three formulas that bond to a wide range of difficult-to-adhere-to substrates.
Polyethhyelene-based Hot Melts Provide:
- excellent adhesion properties.
- excellent thermal & pot-stability – tops in adhesive industry.
- clear / white color
- increased mileage due to lower density and higher performance – often resulting in a minimum of a 15% to 25% reduction to the overall cost vs. standard competitive products.
- Reduced downtime and maintenance costs.
- eliminated gels and charring.
- low odor
- economical – from an extended mileage, performance and density standpoint. Compares favorably versus competitive EVA and other olefin based adhesive products. Up to 15%-25% savings!
- extended runnability – excellent pot stability.
- easy to run
- General Purpose Fast Open Time
- General Purpose Slightly Longer Open Time
- Freezer Grade Medium-Fast Open Time